|Our belief that we have a role to play in the sustainability of our wider community was one of the founding stones of EATDRINKSLEEP. Here are some of our thoughts.
- Although the towns and villages around us are thinly populated, our local eating market is key to us. Our fixed price menus are great value considering the quality of the ingredients.
- We try to be a hub of the community. We host beer and wine tastings, carol services and local show meetings, and support local charities.
- We've always encouraged local suppliers to bring their produce to our kitchen door, and we now have a long list of active small producers.
- We take very seriously our responsibility for minimising our impact on the wider environment and demand the same of our suppliers.
- We do employ local people where we can and invest in training them, giving them specialist qualifications for use throughout their life.
Any decent inn should reflect the land that surrounds it, and we started sourcing our food locally long before it became fashionable. Here are a few of our more established suppliers.
Cefn Lllan Free Range
Principality Pigs of Llandefalle
The Welsh Venison Centre
P.F. Sweeney of Brecon
Local Game Dealers
Wing of St. Mawes
Black Mountains Smokery
Greenery & Herbs
The Griffin's Organic Garden
Black Mountain Gold (chocolate)
Peter and Marian Guthree (honey)
Old Stables Tearoom (jams)
The Posh Pig (snacks)
Dairy and Eggs
Neal's Yard Dairy
Giving commercial and promotional support to local drinks producers is as important to us as sourcing our food ingredients locally. We are blessed to have so many in our immediate area.
Beers and Whisky
Wye Valley Brewery
The Celt Experience
Grey Trees Brewery
Soft Drinks and Ciders
Apple County Cider, Monmouth
Lovely Drinks, Somerset
Pips Cider, Dorstone
Aber Valley Fruits, Talybont
Coffees and Teas
James' Gourmet Coffee, Ross
We try to keep as many of our outgoings in the local economy. If you need the services of any of the below, click on the link or email our office.
TW Construction (building renovation)
Ty Mawr Lime (paints)
Geoff Price (painting)
Orion Motors (car repairs)
Paycheck (ultra efficient payroll)